Apply directly to QCAT | Queensland Building and Construction Commission

The QBCC can only work within the boundaries of our legislated powers to assist people with disputes over building work.

Even if we cannot directly assist you, the QCAT require you to apply to resolve your dispute through us before they will accept a building dispute application. Lodging your complaint with us is a mandatory first step in the assessment and progress of your building dispute.

We must assess your complaint to first determine if you are eligible for our dispute resolution service.

If we determine you are not eligible for our services or your matter has not been resolved through our dispute resolution process we will provide you with a letter advising of this outcome.

This letter is required if you choose to commence a building dispute in Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT).

First lodge your complaint with us

To begin the process you must first lodge a complaint with us using the correct form and process. You can lodge a complaint for:

Once you receive your letter from us

Once you receive the letter from us advising you of the outcome of the dispute resolution process, you can make an application about your building dispute to QCAT

Last reviewed: 30 Aug 2021 Last published: 30 Aug 2021
Back to top