Our role is to educate, protect and support the Queensland building and construction industry and community. We do this through the services outlined below.
We regulate the Queensland building and construction industry including (but not limited to):
- licensing building and trade contractors, including certifiers
- providing education to industry and persons using buildings
- providing dispute resolution services in relation to defective building work
- regulating building product supply chains to ensure safe, compliant and appropriately represented building products
- administering the Safer Buildings program to identify combustible cladding on private buildings
- monitoring and enforcing compliance with legislative obligations relating to building and construction work including payment obligations
- monitoring and protecting the financial wellbeing of the building and construction industry
- monitoring and enforcing compliance with building codes and standards to protect the public from poor quality building work in Queensland
- managing the Queensland Home Warranty Scheme
- adjudication and advisory services.
Last reviewed: 6 Oct 2021 Last published: 6 Oct 2021
Back to top