Contracts and payments
If you're doing domestic building work over $3,300, you'll need a contract.
You should carefully check the contract details and seek legal advice before signing, to ensure you are aware of your rights and obligations.
The QBCC contracts are for domestic work only. They shouldn’t be used for commercial work, which includes for example, construction work carried out for a body corporate common property.
- New Home Construction Contract (PDF) for the construction of an entire home
- Level 1 - Renovation, Extension and Repair Contract (PDF) for renovations, extensions and routine repairs on existing homes for contracts $3,301 to $19,999
- Level 2 - Renovation, Extension and Repair Contract (PDF) for renovations, extensions and routine repairs on existing homes for contracts $20,000 and over
- Natural Disaster Contract (PDF) - designed to help you organise repairs to a home, duplex or home unit after a natural disaster
- Small Building Projects Contract (PDF) for domestic building projects not exceeding $3,300
- Contract for Demolition of Residential Premises (PDF) for demolishing homes severely damaged by natural disaster
- Consumer Building Guide (PDF)