Renew, update or surrender your licence
Renew your builder or trade contractor licence
We send your licence renewal notice one month before it’s due.
You can renew:
- online (by credit card only)
- by BPAY
- by phone – 139 333 (you will need your licence number)*
- by mail
- in person at any QBCC office.
* To pay by direct debit over the phone, complete a Debit Request Form (PDF) and return it to QBCC 24 hours before using the service.
We send a confirmation letter when your licence is renewed and a card 2 weeks later.
We base your fees on your maximum revenue.
You pay a fixed fee if you have a fire protection occupational licence or you are a site supervisor or nominee supervisor.
If you don’t pay your licence renewal fee by the due date, your licence may be suspended. This means you can’t carry out any building work, including:
- signing contracts
- providing quotes or tenders
- completing building work in progress.
We may prosecute if you continue to carry out building work while your licence is suspended. As a further consequence, you may not get payment for your work.