About Right to Information
We are committed to giving the community greater access to information held by the QBCC, unless there is a good reason not to provide that information.
Is the information you are looking for online?
Before making a Right to Information (RTI) request, check to see if the information is already available by searching:
- Our Lists – information we routinely gather and make available to the public, e.g, the Online Licence Search
- About us pages – information we make available and how you can access it. This is known as our Publication Scheme
- Disclosure Log – information previously released under RTI
Note: Information such as certifier lists and insurance searches are available for a fee.
Requesting access to documents
- Administrative Access (AA) – apply for documents you have sent to us or we have sent to you
- Information Privacy (IP) – apply for your personal information only
- Right to Information (RTI) – apply for the information of other people or companies, or a combination of your personal information and the information of other people or companies
Requesting amendment of your personal information
Making a privacy complaint
You can lodge a complaint if you believe there has been a breach of your personal information involving QBCC.
I’m not happy with the RTI/IP decision
After we send you the result of your request, you can ask for a review of the decision if you don’t agree.
Contact the RTI Manager directly, or complete the Right to Information internal review request form (PDF).
If you can't find what you're looking for in a search, contact us on (07) 3613 3143, or via email.
If you’d prefer, send a letter to:
Right to Information and Information Privacy
Queensland Building and Construction Commission
GPO Box 5099
Brisbane Qld 4001
More information on RTI
Legislation replacing the Freedom of Information Act 1992 effective 1 July 2009: